Buddy Help

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Thu Nov 10 07:38:49 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 09, 2011 at 11:28:42AM -0500, Nicole Janocsko wrote:
>  we use pidgin through out the office and im new at using pidgin and it is
> not letting me add new buddies, IM Buddies, when i try to add buddies it
> says i cant, (unable to add buddy to server list) its just not working ive
> uninstalled and reinstalled, please help.

What protocol are you having this problem with (AIM, MSN, GroupWise, XMPP,
etc.)?

Is this an office internal IM system?

Can you get the Help->Debug Window contents from when you attempt to add a
buddy and it fails? (Feel free to sanitize the data of anything personal
just please try to leave the structure intact.)

    -Etan