spell-check problem

Róbert Molnár mikk73hu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 16:11:03 EST 2011

Hi!

Clean install:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pidgin/files/Pidgin/2.10.0/pidgin-2.10.0.exe
(windows).

Pidgin is works. But I need spell check, additional spell-check
directory download is failed under install. I read in ticket, this is
known problem. I read this:
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Installing%20Pidgin#manual_win32_spellcheck_installation

Okay. I downloaded this:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/hu_dicts
Atfer copy to *.dic and *.aff files to
...\Pidgin\spellcheck\share\enchant\myspell directory.

I want start Pidgin, tray icon is appear, after few seconds is
disappear, Pidgin is halted (closed).
Only help for me, if I delete spell-check dic/aiff files, after Pidgin
is started normally.

But interesting, because if I downloaded oher dictionary, example Czech
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/dict-cs
Pidgin is started normally, but... spell checking is none, don't works.

If I downloaded old hungary dictionary (from year 2007) Pidgin is
started, and spell checking is works.

Summarizing: possible Pidgin don't works with "new" dictionary files?

Thanks.