Friends versus Buddies in the Buddy List.

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sun Nov 27 22:51:42 EST 2011

peasthope at shaw.ca spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I have Pidgin 2.7.3 in Debian Squeeze.  The Buddy List has
> Friends and Buddies.  How do these differ?  Odd that this
> is not a FAQ.

Questions are only FAQ if they are frequently asked.

I assume your "Friends" and "Buddies" issue is related to simply
having two groups in your buddy list, probably on different services.
(I believe MSN used to (maybe still does?) use a "Friends" group by
default, and AIM uses "Buddies" by default.)  They are structurally
the same thing, they differ only in name.  You may feel free to drag
all of your buddies to whichever group name you prefer, at which point
the other will disappear.

Ethan