'key not working

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Mon Nov 28 02:55:00 EST 2011

Michael Bourbon wrote:
> For some reason in Pidgin and ONLY in Pidgin the 'and " keys aren't working.
> All it will do is make an accent mark over the following letter if
> it's an appropriate
> letter for an accent mark.
> I've uninstalled and reinstalled Pidgin a few times, even got rid of
> all the registry stuff
> and the .purple folder and it still won't work.
> I really love Pidgin and have to use Trillian for now.
> Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

I seem to remember that this is a problem with the GTK+ library, which
handles the details of of the GUI.  Note that ' and " are not dead keys
on UK and UK keyboards, so it would also help to know which keyboard
definition you are using in the OS (and the OS and the version of Pidgin).

--
David Woolley