upgrading

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Fri Oct 7 11:40:49 EDT 2011

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 11:39:03 -0400
"Marcia Whitbeck" <mwhitbeck at farmerlegal.com> wrote:

> I would like to upgrade to the new 2.10.0 version. When I do the download I
> get a msg that says that a version of pidgin is currently running. I am not
> sure how to get around this or if I need to.

You can't install a new version if Pidgin is already running. Download
the new version, and if you choose the Run option (using Internet
Explorer I presume) then exit Pidgin before you select the Run option.
I should then install and you can tick the box to restart Pidgin on the
final screen after the install has finished.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde