Pidgin crashing need some help

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Fri Oct 7 13:01:41 EDT 2011

Matthew McCarter spake unto us the following wisdom:
> When using pidgin and OTR activated, when I initially begin chat, the
> program is causing the other client to crash. After the crash, we can
> chat just fine, with no interference. Have latest build installed. Any
> advice or help greatly appreciated.
>
> Pidgin 2.10.0 (libpurple 2.10.0)
> 93051ef2d941be32785c5fbb788ae3b0a0935b4d

The *other* client is crashing, or Pidgin is crashing?  What protocol
is this?  Does it go away when you disable OTR?

If the other client is crashing, there's nothing we can do about that.
If Pidgin is crashing, we might be able to do something.

Ethan