Disable External Chats

Clint CHN. Nichols cnichols at mail.athensasd.k12.pa.us
Mon Oct 17 12:17:51 EDT 2011

Hello.  We are looking to provide an internal-only chat utility that our employees can use to directly communicate with other employees.  The Bonjour protocol would seem to work well for this (no server required, free) however we need a PC client as well as iChat.  Pidgin does support this and initial tests show positive results.  However we would need to disable all of the optional features on the client installations before rolling it out.  AIM, Facebook, ICQ, Yahoo, etc, etc, etc. Is there a way to remove those features so our users can't add them?  We want to limit them to internal-Bonjour-chatting only.

Thanks
Clint Nichols
Director of Information Technology
Athens Area School  District