Pidgin causes Ubuntu 11.10 Update Manager

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Mon Oct 17 17:28:42 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:
> This is an Ubuntu packaging problem, you need to report this via
> whatever Ubuntu uses for reporting package bugs rather than to the
> Pidgin support list.

Hmm, I'm not convinced this is 100% true.  He's talking about the
official Pidgin PPA, isn't he?  I'm assuming we haven't built packages
for oneiric, but I feel like that shouldn't break update manager.
Seems like either update manager should prompt the user that they'll
have to disable the broken repository, or we should create that
directory in our PPA.  I don't know which solution is more correct.

--Mark