Pidgin Encoding on Windows version

Ferreira, Wagner wferreira at hp.com
Wed Oct 26 08:43:51 EDT 2011

Hi all!

I have been using pidgin on Windows Vista (English language), and I have been facing some problems about encoding.  Fact is that I'm Brazilian, and here we use several words with some specific punctuation.  What happens?  Look:

If I write  olá, I get ola
If I write não, I get nao
If I write vovô, I get vovo

I don´t know what happens, but I unfortunately can´t write any words that use characters as ´, ^, ~, `, and so on.

Pidgin info:

Pidgin 2.10.0 (libpurple 2.10.0)
93051ef2d941be32785c5fbb788ae3b0a0935b4d

Can you please help me on this issue?

Best regards,

Wagner Ferreira
HP ES BSA Application Support & Services

HP Enterprise Services
Mobile     +55 11 6125 7171
Toll Free    +1 866-319-1568
Internl     +55 11 4399-6174