Skype Api - Videochat?

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Fri Oct 28 12:44:38 EDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 05:41:38PM +0200, Paul Woitaschek wrote:
> are there plans to include the new Skype Api for a client replacement? It
> should work now completely without the skype-client running.

Which Skype API are you talking about at this point?

Regardless of the answer to that question the answer is no. There are no
plans for that and it may or may not even be possible to do it (the
license may not allow it). Even if the license did allow it we are not in
any position to take on yet another protocol and even if we were I don't
believe any of the pidgin developers would want to bother dealing with
skype.

If, by some chance, there is a skype api that is actually usable with
pidgin (which, for the record, I doubt) someone is welcome to write a
plugin to use it but, as I said before, the chances of that being done by
the pidgin team are vanishingly small if not actually zero.

    -Etan