pidgin do not connect on start

Mattia Rizzolo mapreri at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 11:22:20 EDT 2011

On 31/10/2011 01:29, Mark Doliner wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 5:27 AM, Mattia Rizzolo<mapreri at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> i set pidgin to start automatically on login, but pidgin don't connect to
>> the various account i set
>
> I don't know why it doesn't connect.  Are the accounts "enabled"?  Is
> your status set to "online"?  In Tools->Preferences on the Status/Idle
> tab, what is"Status at Startup" set to?

accounts are "enabled", and the status is set to "online". If I start
pidgin with the status "offline", and then change it to online, pidgin
seems connect, but isn't it. I must go to Account>manage account (I
think in english...), where all the protocol icons are gray, and
deselect/reselect all accounts.
the status at startup is set to "use the state set the last time" (I
always think in english, my interface language is set to italian...); I
try to set it to "online" but no change was be.

>> if I start pidgin in a terminal, the console write:
>> "Uscita in corso, poiché è in esecuzione un altro client libpurple." that
>> means (approximately)
>> "Exiting, because is executing another client libpurple."
>> it's a know bug?
>
> This sounds normal... it sounds like Pidgin is already running.

good..., but in this moment pidgin wasn't running.... anyway now this
does not happen anymore.

thank,

			Mattia