Help > About > Perl

Mark mark.wallace at webcastle.com
Thu Sep 15 16:19:12 EDT 2011

I've installed both Pidgin 2.10.0 and ActiveState Perl (the installer is
ActivePerl-5.12.4.1205-MSWin32-x86-294981.msi) - nothing shows up
regarding perl on the "about" screen in pidgin; is this still current
documentation? How do I know if perl is enabled?

My end goal is to try and install the "shroten url" perl plugin, which
has to be the most poorly documented process in the history of coding.
The instructions say something like, simply drop into (an undefined)
directory. Some parts of perl must be installed.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Mark