help needed with emoticons

VictorD victordugas at joltsystems.com
Thu Aug 9 14:55:26 EDT 2012

Hello, I really like pidgin, it supports lots of things and would
eliminate my need for running numerous programs. However, when I boot
onto a live (Ubuntu) cd and use Pidgin, everything works real nice...I
just installed it into my 12.04LTS, and am not noticing all the problems
others are complaining about...but when someone sends me a custom
emoticon, all that I see is a black box with a red circle inside the box
and a red line going through the circle. I have been trying to fix that
for awhile now, searching google for a possible answer etc to no avail.
Getting a little frustrating, I would rather fix the problem then scrap
a good chat program. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks so
much.

--
Victor Dugas
Jolt Systems