confused about the options

simon ben guy20034u at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 15:46:42 EDT 2012

Dear all,

I have a recently installed zentyal and want to use it for internal chat services and still in a test environment i have installed pidgin as a client for jabber which got just tons of lovely options, useful  n just great but missing in other chat client and everything works fine.
the pidgin client on windows and the version is but i have a query pidgin 2.10.6 (libpurple 2.10.6)

when I  log in with the pidgin  client click accounts go to my account which is displayed i see huge options which I have attached here.
but many of the option here mentioned like

send announcement to all users
send announcement to online users
set message of the day and send to all online users
etc etc

should be restricted only to administrators
but I have seen that all users have this option .

i tried to make a user as normal user instead of administrator when i configured as a jabber account but makes no difference. I still see all the options for all users.

Is this the normal behavior of the pidgin client or could I hide the options only for administrators.
honestly they are really awesome features but should be restricted.
would really appreciate if someone can help

i did try other chat clients like spark and exodus but pidgin does outwit them

Thanks and Regards

simon