Error : Instruction not allowed.

antoine-morel antoine-morel at laposte.net
Sat Dec 1 08:44:18 EST 2012

Hello,
When I start Pidgin with the automatic identification for IRC, it crashes with the error message "Instruction not allowed".
Without the automatic identification Pidgin works normally.
I tried a "pidgin -d > ~/debug.log 2>&1", and ran into gdb for do a backtrace, the files are in the attachment.
In the pidgin-backtrace.log, it occur "Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction." ... What is this illegal instruction ?
Another problem : I've installed the package "pidgin-dbg" but when I do a "file /usr/bin/pidgin", it-s write "stripped". How can I install the debugging symbols ?
Thank you for your help.
See you later

PS : I'm French :P

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net