Need "absolutely get my attention" notifications

Mike Van Pelt mvp at calweb.com
Fri Dec 14 12:44:02 EST 2012

I need some more emphatic notifications of new messages in a minimized or
background Pidgin.  Current notifications flash the icon a few times, then
give up.  I need a notification that can not be missed, and can only be
ignored by deliberate decision to ignore it.

I've searched the mailing list, pidgin.im wiki, and help files, and haven't
found anything that does this.

I already have the "Message Notification" plugin enabled, with "Raise
conversation window" and "Present conversation window" checked.  It doesn't
do what those words seem to say.  I also have "New messages" checked on the
"Libnotify popups" plugin.  New messages arrive in existing chats, new
chats start from people desperately trying to get my attention, but the
Pidgin window stays hidden behind my web browser.

I'm running Pidgin 2.10.6 on Windows 7.

--
http://mikevanpelt.com
http://blog.mikevanpelt.com