Need "absolutely get my attention" notifications

Steven steven at finesite.me
Tue Dec 18 01:41:28 EST 2012

Personally, I use Snarl ( http://snarl.fullphat.net/ ) with the
PidginSnarl ( http://tlhan-ghun.de/Projects/PidginSnarl/ ) plugin.
Snarl has numerous options for notifying you with configurable
alternatives when you are "away" or "busy".  For example, I have Snarl
set up to send notifications to my phone when I'm away from the
computer.  Busy mode can be automatically set whenever you lock the
screen or whenever a full screen application has focus.
--
Steven