question, it would be important to help

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sun Dec 30 06:59:24 EST 2012

Michael Secord wrote:
> Unless you run wine, this isn't going to help, PortableApps is strictly
> a windows based project that more often than not works with Wine.

Also, such tools are not designed with privacy in mind.  If you wanted
to ensure that there was no trace, you would need to do things like
disabling swap, during use, and an extended power down of the device
after use.  You would also need to analyse Pidgin to make sure it didn't
use any temporary files.

Of course, there could be traces outside of the machine.

Even if I were sure of all the ways that information could leak, I would
be somewhat reluctant to design something for this purpose, as it is
likely to be misused.

--
David Woolley