Pidgin + Kerberos

Thomas Schweikle tps at vr-web.de
Wed Feb 8 14:44:04 EST 2012

Hi all!

I've installed pidgin in favour of other IM and because it was
mentioned various times this thing does use kerberos if the server
provides it.

But: at various places it is mentioned, I could not find any Howto
or preference to force pidgin to use kerberos while authenticating
to my server!

I've tried, as given at various places around the internet, to leave
the password empty, but without success. Doesn't use the ticket
provided -- asks for the password instead :-(

How can I make sure pidgin authenticates using kerberos if the
server provides it? Where do I set the mark forcing use of kerberos
for an account?

Any hint would be helpful!

--
Thomas