Потенциальная уязвимость?

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Tue Feb 21 04:03:17 EST 2012

Chawoosh wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 12:25:31 +0400
> Кирилл Миньков <minkov_k at arendada.com> wrote:

>> Translated with google.com:
>> Hello! Today, accidentally discovered that Pidgin stores all the
>> information about the login and password in the file
>> %APPDATA%\Roaming\.purple\accounts.xml unencrypted. In my opinion it

It only does this if you ask it to save the passwords.  The official
policy (and there is a web article somewhere that explains this, as it
is so something of an FAQ) is that to do anything else would give a
false sense of security; reverse engineering open source software to
find out how it encrypts is rather easy.

--
David Woolley