Help required on Language Settings in Pidgin

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Thu Jan 5 12:08:01 EST 2012

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 09:04:06 -0800 (PST)
Akash Basu <akash.basu at oracle.com> wrote:

> I know that I can type whatever I want in the chat box. But I don’t
> find the special character that we need to use in Spanish in the chat
> box. Because of this I am unable to write correct words in the chat box.

Do you have Spanish language and keyboard support in Windows (I assume
you're using Windows)? If you don't then you need to install it, and
then selecting the Spanish keyboard should then enable accented
characters.

If you want spell checking you can add the languages you want via the
internationalisation options in the Pidgin installation program.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde