XMPP chatroom

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Jan 10 14:06:11 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Isaac Witmer <isaaclw at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm interested in learning more about using XMPP chatrooms, and I just
> found the "/configure" command
*snip*
> I'm using XMPP on groupchat.google.com
*snip*
> Any info on what those labels mean, and what possibilities there are
> would be welcome.

The fields are actually defined by the server--Pidgin just displays
what it's told.  So your guess is probably as good as ours.  Those
field names don't look familiar to me... it seems like they maybe they
are intended to be used behind the scenes by Google's own chat
clients.

For an example of more human-friendly fields, you can try creating and
configuring a chatroom on conference.jabber.org.