Data vs Text

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Wed Jan 11 11:41:09 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 02:21, Dave Warren <lists at hireahit.com> wrote:
> On 1/10/2012 9:32 PM, THROTTLEJOCKEY wrote:
>>

>> Does pigeon show up as a text message or as data time on Verizon?
>>

> Data.

I don't know that this is the correct answer - mainly there wasn't
enough information in the question to provide an appropriate answer.

If you're sending a message to someone who will receive it on a cell
phone, whether the recipient receives a SMS or some sort of "data
transfer" will depend on how the recipient has configured his phone to
interact with the IM network.

If you're asking about using Pidgin on a computer that is using a
Verizon modem / tethered phone for internet connectivity, then any
messages you send / receive will be "data" from your perspective.

-D