[2.10.1]-Google Talk Status Is Always "Away" ???

Isaac Witmer isaaclw at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 13:49:22 EST 2012

I also use an android, However I want my android to go "away"
A better solution is to mess around with the jabber priority.

Out of the box, Gtalk has a higher priority away than Pidgin does
available. This means that GTalk's priority status over-rides
Pidgin's.
The fix is to adjust Pidgin's priority while available to be higher
than Gtalk's Away priority.

To do this you'll have to enable the XMPP priority plugin. You'll see
the values on the Advanced Tab of your account.

Unfortunately I don't remember the numbers off the top of my head. the
number 24 comes to mind...

-Isaac