Pidgin stopped working with gmail

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Thu Jan 12 18:22:09 EST 2012

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 15:11:40 -0800
Rachel Grant <rgrant06 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I've been using pidgin for months just fine with gmail, but today, I keep
> getting an "unable to connect" message. I've tried removing the account and
> re-adding, disabling and re-enabling, uninstalling and re-installing
> pidgin. Not sure how to fix this, but really need pidgin to work with gmail.

Please can you post the contents of the Help->Debug Window when your
connection attempt fails. Check it before sending and obfuscate any
information you don't want on a public mailing list such as user name
and password.

Please post this to the list address and not directly to me, I've CC'd
you as I don't know whether you are subscribed to the Pidgin support
mailing list.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde