Problems logging on in yahoo

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sun Jul 1 12:38:15 EDT 2012

Stephan Reiter wrote:

> I want to log on in the yahoo messenger over pidgin. Every Time I tray,
> the programme says "Fehler 1013: Der Benutzername, den Sie eingegeben
> haben, ist ungültig. Die häufigste Ursache für diesen Fehler ist das
> Eingeben der E-Mail-Adresse anstatt der Yahoo!-ID." My pidgin verion is

The canonical, English, version of this message (from de.po) is:

Error 1013: The username you have entered is invalid.  The most common
cause
of this error is entering your email address instead of your Yahoo! ID.

> 2.10.4

What makes you believe you have entered the correct user name?  What is
the form of the user name that you are entering?

--
David Woolley