unable to select a second language

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Tue Jul 3 17:34:26 EDT 2012

Danny G wrote:
> i just dowloaded pidgin for windows and i  am unable to select a second
> language to translate to, i can not seem to find this option in the
> program. , i want to use it to chat in english to chinese  mode.
> everything is in english only, can anybody help? unable to select secod

I don't understand what you are trying to do.  An IM client doesn't do
any translation.  The normal way it uses language selections is to
control the local user interface, which is something you would do on an
OS user basis.  If you want to chat in both 中文 and English, you would
normally do that using the input method editors provided by the OS.

Other potentially relevant information here is the regional variant of
Windows, the version of Windows, the version of Pidgin, and the IM
service you are trying to use.

--
David Woolley