meebo bar chat connection with pidgin

Pasquale Porreca pask81 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 17:44:51 EDT 2012

Hello,

I know it is possible to connect to a meebo account on pidign choosing
xmpp as account type and meebo.org as server, anyway what I really want
is to connect to aeriagames chat that is a service meebo provides to the
site aeriagames.com

I was able to connect to that chat on meebo messenger creating a
connection that used my account id on aeriagames as username,
@aeriagames.com as domain and my password on aeriagames as password.
Now since meebo is shutting down is messenger, but not the support to
chat on partner site, I'm searching a different way to connect to
aeriagames chat, since I'd like to use it also if I'm not on
www.aeriagames.com webpage.
Pidgin supports xmpp/jabber connection, so I hoped it could be possible
to use it for my purpose, but I was not able to guess how to configure
it to connect to aeriagames chat (it is really a meebo chat on aeriagames).

Hope someone have a clue on what I'm asking :S

Best regards