Is there a fix available for the moving buddies between groups bug?

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Wed Jul 25 20:17:50 EDT 2012

Jody Schnell spake unto us the following wisdom:
> In Pidgin 2.10.0 if I move a buddy from one group to another then Quit
> (logout), the next time I log back in all the buddies I moved are
> right back in the default 'unfiled' group.  Is there a fix for this
> bug?

This is not a Pidgin bug.  It is specific to the way Oracle has
configured their XMPP servers.  You need to take this up with Oracle
IT.  Please also notify them that we continue to get a stream of
Oracle-specific queries to the Pidgin support mailing lists, and they
need to update their support procedures.

Ethan