HELP

Dennis Carr dennisthetiger at chez-vrolet.net
Thu Jun 28 18:18:48 EDT 2012

Posting to the list so that, if I don't have this quite right, there
can be corrctions.  To catch people up, Carrie is having issues with
configuration - will not connect

Screenshots are from the account settings in Accounts -> acct in
question -> Modify.  They reveal XMPP, username carrie, domain
petflow.com, password filled and remembered; require encryption, port
5222, FTP proxy.eu.jabber.org, custom smiles; proxy=global. Important
note, Carrie is a Google Apps user.

Carrie, please respond to the list with the OS you are using, as well
as the Pidgin version you are using if we need further information.

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 13:46:45 -0400
"Carrie Smith" <carrie at petflow.com> wrote:

> Hi
> Well here is the deal.  MY google account is a company account hosted
> by google Carrie at petflow.com
> Attached are the screen shots on how I tried to set up Pidgin but it
> just says that its disconnected. Please let me know if my setting are
> off.  I should have the new version of Pidgin.  I downloaded it
> today. I'm running windows 7.

When you create the account, set the pull-down to Google Talk.

Or, here are the blanks to fill in and/or changes to make:

username: correct to 'carrie at petflow.com'
Domain: change to gmail.com
Resource: this is arbitrary.  I just use 'gaim' (the old version of
this software)