Windows 7: Loading Pidgin on start up

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Fri Mar 2 18:17:43 EST 2012

On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 14:46:18 -0800 (PST)
Karen Ram <karen.ram at oracle.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Prior to upgrading to Windows 7, an icon for Pidgin quick launch
> always displayed on the bottom right on start up. Now, because the icon
> no longer appears, I always have to remember to launch Pidgin each
> morning. Does anyone know of a way to get the icon back so that I don't
> have to launch the application every time I start my computer?

With the Windows Pidgin versions, there should be a setting in the
preferences to start Pidgin at Windows login. I think there is a
Windows settings plugin that needs to be loaded, so tick the checkbox
in the Plugins list and then look in the Preferences again.

You might also ask your internal IT support people ;-)

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde