single sign on in pidgin

Kevin Stange kstange at pidgin.im
Fri Mar 16 10:52:40 EDT 2012

On 03/16/2012 09:30 AM, Chris Hall wrote:
> interesting suggestion, I never considered it.  Is the .purple directory
> transferable between OS's?  Ex. Linux to Windows?  You do make a good
> point about security, thanks for bringing that up.  It's easy to forget
> sometimes.

We have designed the .purple directory to be portable between Windows
and Linux as much as possible, but there may be some issues.  We'd be
happy to fix these problems if you find and report them.

I've heard some ideas using a private version control system (like CVS
or subversion) to check in their libpurple directory periodically and
then check out the changes automatically at pidgin startup on another
machine.

There are certainly other ways you could share it as well.

Kevin