Pidgin Help/Question

Kevin Stange kstange at pidgin.im
Sun Nov 4 03:47:32 EST 2012

On 11/01/2012 08:00 AM, Tres Finocchiaro wrote:
> Historically I've had a hard time distinguishing which protocol I'm
> using too.  Colors sound like a good way to do it.

If all you want to do is show which protocol your conversation is using,
you can enable the protocol icon in the information area at the top of
each conversation (and in the buddy list) via Buddies > Show > Protocol
Icons.

Pidgin's philosophy has been to blur the lines between protocols to
provide a more unified experience, which is why the icons are hidden by
default.

Kevin