pidgin installer always crashes

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Tue Nov 6 07:45:21 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 12:00 AM, Martin Cruz <kilawinguwak at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I don't know if this has been reported, but I can't seem to download a
> full copy of the 2.10.6 update of Pidgin. The installer always crashes, with
> the following error:
>
> "Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete
> download and damaged media."
>
> I have tried redownloading the installer several times over the course of
> the past few months, and I've dealt with the same problem again and again.
> I'd appreciate any help you guys might be able to offer.

There haven't been any other reports of this, so my guess is that
there must be an issue that happened when you downloaded it (and
possibly you keep getting it from your cache instead of redownloading
it).
I'd recommend clearing your browser cache, then downloading the file
again from a different sourceforge mirror:
https://sourceforge.net/settings/mirror_choices?projectname=pidgin&filename=Pidgin/2.10.6/pidgin-2.10.6-offline.exe

-D