Facebook Contacts connected from smartphone

Pietro Montanari pietro.montanari at mail.com
Sun Nov 18 08:46:41 EST 2012

Hello,
I see that pidgin supports facebook chat only for contacts connected via
computer, not contacts connected via smartphone (the contacts that in
the chat window in facebook website have the telephone icon instead of
the green circle, just to be clear).
Indeed the chat is supported, i mean if one of those contacts send me a
message i can see it displayed on pidgin but the problem is that until
that contact don't send me a message i can't see that he/she is online
neither send him/her a message.
So my question is: is it possible (or it will be possible) to see also
contacts connected on facebook from smartphone in the pidgin buddy list?
Thanks
Pietro Montanari