Pidgin errors

Randy Shaw mr_e53511 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 23:53:32 EST 2012

I have been using Pidgin for quite some time and I'm just going to say that it's been a piece of crap to me lately.

First off, it keeps sending errors whenever I'd send messages. It would say that the user is offline, a switchboard error would occur and that an unknown error would occur. The buddy list won't refresh unless I close out of the program and close back in. Sometimes, when Pidgin disconnects, I can't log back in and reconnect. I also experience problems with the tabs, since they would be stuck in "moving mode" where I involuntarily make separate chat windows. And unless I reset the program, it won't go away.

I use version 2.10.6. Please explain to me what the fucking hell is going on here.