Pidgin errors

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Wed Nov 21 08:21:25 EST 2012

Brian Morrison wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 08:46:31 +0200
> Nielle Truter wrote:
>
>> I get copied on every person that logs a query with this stupid
>> company !!!
>
> Stupid.....company.....I see...

I don't think there is any incorporated entity (company) associated with
Pidgin.  It is unusual for open source projects to form companies.

You get copies because you are subscribed to the peer support mailing
list.  You should have received information about the list and of how to
unsubscribe at the time that you subscribed.  You should have received
them even if someone else maliciously subscribed you.  Actually, I'm not
sure that it is possible to subscribe without access to your email account.

The generic subscription control page is
http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/options/support/

You can go to one specifically for you by appending your email address
with the @ URI encoded, i.e. replaced by %40.

--
David Woolley