Retrieving an unsent message

Lowdermilk, Kyle (US SSA) kyle.lowdermilk at baesystems.com
Fri Nov 30 11:40:32 EST 2012

I typed a rather lengthy message on IM.  When I hit ENTER, I received this message: "Unable to send message: The message is too large."  The message just disappeared.  Is there any way to retrieve it?  If not, there should be some failsafe in place where either: 1) The message does not go away, or 2) There is a "too long" warning the shows not allowing the user to hit ENTER.  Recovery of the message is my main focus right now though.  I have not closed the Pidgin program as of yet.

Thanks!
Kyle Lowdermilk