MSN Authentication Failure

SneakyOne someonesneaky at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 02:36:38 EDT 2012

Greetings! Hopefully someone will be able to help me.

I've been able to log into MSN Messenger using Pidgin without any problem
until a couple days ago. When I loaded up the program, it gave me the
'Unable to authenticate: Authentication Failure' error. None of the other
services are having any trouble; it's just MSN.

I was using Pidgin 2.10.1 on Windows 7 64-bit. I've had the same MSN
account on Pidgin for quite a long while; I've never changed the login
information on it. I'm the only person who even has access to the computer,
so it's impossible for anyone to get in and change my information without
my knowledge.

I've tried doing a Google search for the problem, but the closest things to
a solution I've found were one guy whose roommate changed his password as a
joke (which isn't possible in my case), and someone else who entered the
information wrong when installing pidgin (I've had it running on this
computer for about a year). I've already updated to Pidgin 2.10.6, tried
re-entering my login and password, but that didn't solve the problem.

Any assistance will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!