Get back my settings

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Thu Oct 18 10:56:25 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Yitz Herskowitz <yitz at chspayroll.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I changed the path to my logs by setting the purplehome environment variable
> but now I would like to switch it back. I deleted the variable but pidgin
> did not revert to my old settings, buddy list, etc…. Is there something I’m
> missing? Did I lose everything? I hope not. I still see my old logs in my
> appdata location so I’m assuming everything is still there except how do I
> get pidgin to look there again?

Changing PURPLEHOME wouldn't do anything to your previous settings, so
unless they were cleaned out in some other way (which is probably not
the case if you can see the old files in the appdata location), your
settings should be fine.

Environment variables are inherited from a parent process, so
depending on how you launch pidgin, your change may not have taken
effect.  A guaranteed way to make sure that a new Pidgin instance sees
your current environment variables is to log off and back in or
reboot.

-D