recover password

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Tue Oct 23 10:34:52 EDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 03:12:54PM +0100, Patricia Conlon wrote:
> for some reason my pidgin account has disabled me "propylontrish"  - I
> cannot remember my password, is there a way to recover this.
>
> I have gone into modify account and changed it there but it comes up with
> invalid password.

Had you not gone and modified the account your password would have been
recoverable from the accounts.xml file that pidgin uses. Having modified
your account will have replaced the previous password with your
modifications.

pidgin is not an IM service it is an IM client. As such we don't have your
password and cannot assist you in recovering or replacing it. You will
need to talk to the IM service provider you are using for that.

    -Etan