Pidgin Refresh

Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 20:45:10 EDT 2012

I'd like to add to this discussion.

Pidgin's popularity is affected directly by the popularity of in-browser messaging as well as the popularity cell phone SMS-style messaging.

The UI is pretty f****ing good when compared to other GPL products.  If you'd like it improved, please contribute constructive advice (screenshots, code snippets, GPL cross-platform UI libraries that ate available to make it more modern).

One of the easiest things in the world is to speculate and criticize. I've used corporate instant messengers that come with a vey hefty licensing fee.  They suck in comparison to pidgin.

Pardon for being so frank.

-Tres