Problem after deleting cookies

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Sun Oct 28 08:11:27 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:38:58PM -0500, Stephen Cohen wrote:
> I believe the problem I've recently experienced began when I deleted all
> cookies on my system. The issue is that users shown on my Pidgin groups
> have lost their 'formal' names. For example, my Yahoo userid is aoc_scohen.
> Before deleting the cookies, my name was displayed as 'Steve Cohen'. Today,
> however, it has reverted to 'aoc_scohen'.
>
> What, if anything, have I done and can it be undone?
>
> Regards,
> Steve

pidgin doesn't use any cookies itself and has no interaction with any
cookies whatever your browser of choice stores.

I believe this more likely to be a Yahoo server change (and I believe at
least one person in the #pidgin irc channel reported a similar issue
recently).

I'm not overly familiar with Yahoo so I may be entirely wrong about that
but I think this the most likely issue (much more so than anything related
to cookies).

    -Etan