pidgin 2.10.3 pci wifi

klein klein at hughes.net
Wed Oct 31 23:39:45 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-10-31 at 21:47 -0400, Ethan Blanton wrote:
> klein spake unto us the following wisdom:
> > there seems to be a bug when texting a cell phone from a computer that
> > is connected to the Internet via wifi and pci, i tried connecting a
> > linksys wifi usb adapter to another computer of mine and well that
> > really don't work well.
>
> This is just plain not true.  You're barking up the wrong tree.  I
> don't know why your AIM SMS messaging isn't working, but wifi is not
> even in the picture.
>
> Ethan

the first computer was a dell dimension 3000 linksys pci wifi ubuntu
8.04 32bit

second was a dell dimension e510 linksys pci wifi ubuntu 10.04 32bit

the third is a dell dimension 5100 intel pci wifi xubuntu 12.04 32bit

i'm not sure what card the dell 1525 laptop has in it but in
Virgina beach, Sheraton Hotel will send im to another computer but wont
text a cell phone
Chambersburg, PA fairfield inn will send im to another computer but wont
text a cell phone

ok so let say it is the wifi in the router it is a linksys running
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) mega the router is the only thing i haven't
changed out, but xp pro with aim software works lol

i also have about 10 computers connected with cat5 and they all with the
same aim account will text a cell phone, after two years i have done
just about everything i could to fix this even in the past used the
ppa's the last post i forgot to attach the files i will this time,

do you use ubuntu ?
do you use a wifi pci card ?

just tried my wife's dell running win7 64bit pidgin and it texted her
cell phone

you explain it to me because at this point i'm lost lol