Automated Message as soon as anyone joins a chatroom

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Wed Sep 5 10:14:06 EDT 2012

Hi Ajay,

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 19:25:56 +0530
Ajay Singh <ajay.scorpio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> May i please seek your help on this. I am using latest pidgin version.
>
> We use chatrooms within our organization. Our requirement is that as
> soon as anyone joins a chatroom, they should get an automated message
> that we draft.

I don't know which protocol you are using, but you can normally solve this problem
by writing a robot ("bot"), which will monitor the chatrooms for events.

See for example:

http://perl-begin.org/uses/chat-scripting/

(This is for Perl, there are probably similar resources for other languages).

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish