Incoming font size

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sun Sep 23 10:43:39 EDT 2012

Van spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I'm basically on my way to going blind. Is there any way that I can
> enlarge the pidgin.im incoming message font size? everything that i
> use utilizes XMPP if that means anything.

We'll need to know what platform you're on to answer this question.

The technical answer is that Pidgin uses the Gtk+ "document font" for
incoming messages, and you need to set that font to a larger size.
How you do that depends on your platform.  If you're in GNOME, I
believe you can do it in the GNOME settings somewhere.  If you're on
Windows, I believe there is a windows settings plugin for Pidgin that
will do it.  You can also edit your .gtkrc-2.0 to specify the font,
but the how of doing that is outside the scope of this list.

Ethan