Guidance Needed

Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 08:36:35 EDT 2013

Zaib,

Deploying Pidgin depends entirely on your environment.

For a Windows SCCM/SMS install you may have luck pushing it out using the
unattended method described here:
https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Installing%20Pidgin#UnattendedInstallations

If you are in an environment that does not have SCCM or SMS, you may want
to use a group policy or script to push this out.  Even batch files can
work well for this purpose.

You may also want to script the install of the dictionary files for
spellcheck if your users would benefit from that.

In terms of automatic configuration, %appdata%\.purple\ will contain XML
configuration files that you may have luck deploying to your clients
(again, assuming you're in a Windows environment).

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com