How to weed out offline users from XMPP group chats ?

George Kodinov gkodinov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 11:09:50 EDT 2013

Hello,

Is there any way to get the user at-a-glance online status for participants
in XMPP group chats (conferences) in the participant list ?
Right now I just see a bunch of users (some of them with an icon next to
their name) that may or may not be online at this moment and that's a bit
confusing in causing my thinking that they're still online.

Yes, I can right click and get the status through the "Info" command, but
that's a bit counter-productive in large group chats.

Running an 2.10.6 windows pidgin client in windows 8.

Thanks in advance,
Georgi Kodinov