pigdin xmpp stopped working for facebook chat

Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 13:44:16 EDT 2013

Michal,

Normally, "Unauthorized" means your username or password are incorrect.

Alternately, you can try changing the port on the Advanced tab to use 443.
 The default port of 5222 can cause problems behind certain firewalls.

For troubleshooting, you may want to make sure you are using the correct
username, which can be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/username

Last, deleting the account from Pidgin and then setting it back up from
scratch will ensure the proper settings have been entered for XMPP.

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com