Adding sources/libraries to libpurple

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Mon Apr 15 16:15:04 EDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 5:58 AM, Lucas Soltic <lucas.soltic at orange.fr> wrote:
> I found out: I had to run autoreconf.

We include an "autogen.sh" file for this.  It's similar to autoreconf
but maybe does a few more regen tasks that autoreconf doesn't.  It's
checked into our hg repo.  I _think_ it's in the source tarballs, too,
but I'm not positive.  But for your case running autoreconf is
probably fine.

> I had thought configure would use Makefile.am but it doesn't.

I think configure generates Makefile from Makefile.in.  I think it
does not generate Makefile.in from Makefile.am (I believe 'automake'
does this (and 'automake' is run by autoreconf or, in our case,
./autogen.sh)).